Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Democratic Debate

You can't begin to imagine how much it bothers me that Hillary Clinton is the least bad choice of all of the Democrats who have a chance at the nomination. She is the only Democratic candidate that looks to have at least one or two non-pandering stances on any of the issues, and thus the only one among the frontrunners that appears to be able to make a tough, controversial choice. Not so much an endorsement of her, but an indictment of Obama and Edwards.

I would suppose that being so far ahead in all of the polls helps her somewhat in being able to stand on principle at this point.

I have convinced myself, however, that if I ever see that coward Mark Warner, I will kick him in the shins.

3 comments:

Sirocco said...

I should think you would be thrilled if Clinton won the Dem nomination. Isn't she supposed to be too toxic to win in the general?

Of course, nearly every major poll taken in the last two months shows Clinton winning head-to-head match-ups against Giuliani, Thompson, McCain or Romney (the exception being a single Zogby poll which showed Giuliani with a +3% edge).

Anonymous said...

I thought this was a local blog. Why don’t you just write about the Riga town council elections?

http://www.arizonapolitics.net/

Sirocco said...

I don't speak for Framer or AzAce, but while it's primary focus seems to be local issues, it's never been devoted solely to them.

I, at least, would find it less interesting if it was.