Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Conservatives In Search of a Home

While Newt Gingrich calls for conservatives to declare independence from the Republican Party, GOPUSA is uniting conservatives with a Contract with Conservatives.

Key tenets in the Contract include many of the typical conservative issues: immigration reform including no amnesty, tax reform, reducing the size of government including cutting spending, appointing constructionist judges, support for life, and advocating free speech including repeal of the McCain-Feingold Act.

So where is the conservative movement headed?

2 comments:

Nikki said...

hello......my name is nikki I am looking for conservative links to my blog and my link to go on other blogs.....I like your blog and will return for some reading, thank you Nikki

Rick Frea said...

That's a good question. I think it's best to wait and see who wins in 2008. If it's Obama or Hillary, the conservative movement will resume in 2012. If it's McCain, the conservative movement might be in trouble. However, perhaps he'll be more conservative as president than he has as senator. We can only hope, hey?