TOP 3 PRIORITIES FOR THE STATE REPUBLICAN PARTY:
1. Win Elections. Take back 7 seats (or more) in the legislature, 2 congressional seats, and help elect a Republican President in 2008.
2. Build a stronger Republican state party from bottom to top. This includes improving our campaign tools and resources at the county and state levels as well as what we provide to candidates. Expanding and training our PC base. Developing new and expanding our existing fund raising programs at the state and county levels.
3. Reestablish the Republican brand. Republicans have long stood for lower taxes, less government spending, smaller governement, national security, law and order, and honesty. This image has been tarnished and voters began abandoning the party in 2006. We need to reverse this trend by reasserting Republican values at all levels.
3 REASONS DELEGATES SHOULD VOTE FOR ME:
1. Leadership: I have a long history of successfully starting, running and "fixing" non-profit organizations and businesses. This is what the party needs.
2. Understanding: I have been directly involved with the Republican party as a volunteer at the district, county, state and national levels over the past 8 years. During this time, I have had the opportunity to meet many good Republicans and have learned a great deal about the good, the bad and the ugly of Republican politics. I will apply this knowledge and my experience to strengthen and improve the state party.
3. Commitment. Being Chairman is a full time job, and I intend to treat it as such. I am committed to uniting the party. This will require a lot of work mending fences between the grassroots and state leadership. There is a lack of trust, which needs to be restored. I am committed to communicating to PCs and district and county leadership.
3 REASONS I AM RUNNING FOR STATE PARTY CHAIRMAN:
1. Elect Republicans.
2. Elect Republicans.
3. Build a great party.
VOLUNTEER GOP POSITIONS HELD (UP TO 5 BULLETS):
1. Precinct Committeeman, 1999 to Present
2. Co-Chairman, 2000 AZGOP Finance Committee
3. Precinct Captain 2004 to present
4. State Committeeman, 2004 and 2006
5. Alternate Delegate to the 2004 convention
6. Member at Large, Maricopa County Executive Guidance Committee 2004 to 2005
7. Republican National Committeeman 2004 to present
SIGNIFICANT POLITICAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS (UP TO 5 BULLETS):
1. Chairman of Yes on Prop 200, Protect Arizona Now, raised $750,000 to place it on the ballot, won decisive victory at the polls in 2004, and have led and continue to lead in the defense of Prop 200 in state and federal courts.
2. Brought the issue of illegal immigration to the national level by passing a resolution unanimously at the RNC last summer calling for securing the border with all means available and implementing workplace enforcement.
3. Lost twice as Phoenix majorial candidate, 1999 and 2003. Lessons learned have been invaluable.
4. Have put 10,000 miles a year on my car over the past 3 years attending Republican events around the state meeting, listening to and working with the grassroots.
5. Helped in the campaigns of Republican candidates as a volunteer or fund raising in each of the last four election cycles.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CAREER SUMMARY (UP TO 5 BULLETS):
1. Grew up and went to school in Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Married to Katherine (definitely got lucky here).
3. Raised five kids who think they know more than me and their mother (the older ones are beginning to admit we may know at least as much as they do).
4. Succesfull career as a CPA and Partner with the largest acounting firm in the world, Deloitte & Touche.
5. Started and fund several successful businesses over the past 15 years.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION (UP TO 3 BULLETS):
1. Like to play golf, but don't have time.
2. Like to fish and find time.
3. Believe old dogs can learn new tricks.