Sunday, November 12, 2006

And Speaking of interParty battling...

It appears that Nancy Pelosi has thrown her support behind John Murtha for the position of Majority leader.

Steny Hoyer respectfully disagrees with her choice.

Included in the Hoyer press release sent out after the Pelosi endorsement:

Nancy told me some time ago that she would personally support Jack. I respect her decision as the two are very close.

I am grateful for the support I have from my colleagues, and have the majority of the caucus supporting me. I look forward to working with Speaker Pelosi as Majority Leader.


This will be an interesting test for those who think the new congress has a liberal mandate. I wonder which way Gabby will vote?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see no evidence, other than what the media is spinning, that Hoyer ever disapproved of Pelosi's endorsement. Hoyer understands that Pelosi's endorsement was due to her admiration of Murtha's war stance. He may (understandably) privately disagree, but confirmation of that would require a person to read Hoyer's mind, which we non-media types cannot do.